Students with disability are encouraged to contact the Office for Disability Services (ODS). Students aren’t required to make this contact, nor will the contact force students to use any accommodation services. However, if you wish to receive accommodations at Lincoln College-Normal, you must first register with ODS. Registration is a 5 step process:
- Contact ODS. We can be reached by phone at (309) 268-4321 or by email email@example.com. We are located in Office 106B.
- Complete and submit all registration forms along with current documentation of the disability. Ask the professional who diagnosed your disability or who is currently providing professional services related to your disability to complete the Letter to Diagnosing Professional form and to send that completed form and any other appropriate documentation to ODS. Useful documentation will include:
- Professional diagnostic statement of the disability.
- Current functional impact of the disability.
- Treatments, medication, accommodations currently in use.
- Expected progression of the disability over time.
- ODS will review all documentation received.
- Make an appointment to meet with ODS for a structured interview.
- ODS issues an official letter outlining approved accommodations that the student will need to give to each of their instructors.
Since accommodations are designed around student need for each class, you’ll need to request new letters of accommodation at the beginning of each semester. Unless there is substantial change in the impact of the disability, a single registration will apply throughout your enrollment at Lincoln College-Normal.
Your ODS file will be maintained for 5 years after you leave Lincoln College-Normal; after that time, the files will be destroyed in a secure manner. If you return to Lincoln after an absence of more than 5 years, you’ll need to complete the registration process again with updated documentation.
Registration Forms and ODS Student Handbook
In order to complete your registration with ODS, all required forms must be completed and submitted